11/4/07

Sunday (Morning) Song of the Moment

Wow. Am I like, way late on this one?!

My good friend, B. turned 40 yesterday.
And to celebrate, a small group of us (Rav, J and her husband M, and B's husband D, & I) took B out to dinner at a nice restaurant.
Many drinks were had and decent meals were eaten.
B is a special lady & I was proud to be there celebrating her.

I've laughed harder than I've laughed in a long, long
long, long,
long
time.
Like laughed so hard my face hurt and my sides felt like they were going to explode.
Like laughed so hard I had to hide my face in my napkin and wipe the tears off of my cheeks.
Like laughed so hard that Rav was embarrassed because I was becoming almost unbearably and embarrassingly loud.
It was cathartic.
Last Saturday night, I cried so hard it hurt.
This Saturday night, I laughed so hard it hurt. Yes, Jen...I had my head thrown back in wide-open laughter :)
I think I'm making great progress.

Anyway, the point of this is that, this is just one thing that happened this weekend that has kept me away from posting.
A furnace emergency, a sick daughter, and a few other obligations have kept me from it.

But here I am!

And this song is for my sick Gracie. It's her new favorite.

Jealous of the Moon by Nickel Creek
I have do just have to say for only being 3, she's got great taste. I wonder where she gets it from?
I also think she is trying to tell me something with this song as she has been making me play it over and over and over.



10 ripples in the pond:

Girlplustwo said...

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Aliki2006 said...

Where do you find such awesome music!

I love this one...I hope Gracie feels better!

Liv said...

i'm so glad that you were able to laugh... laughing=good!

Becc said...

Hope Gracie feels better!

Like your new picture too. I tried to change mine this weekend and couldn't remember how. LOL

Pgoodness said...

I love that kind of laughter - doesn't happen often, but when it does, it can sure carry you through for a while!

Jen said...

So glad you had a fun night out! It can give us fuel to go for miles...

flutter said...

I love to think of you, laughing like that

11111111 said...

Interesting song--I've never even heard of that band.

Glad to hear that you got your glad on.

Wayfarer Scientista said...

yay! I'm glad you laughed so much. It seems you needed it. You know what they say about laughter and healing.

carrie said...

Glad you got a night out with good friends! Laughter really is the best medicine . . . so the saying goes!

Hope Gracie feels better soon!