11/29/06

Songbird


Last night, I was on the computer obsessing over my favorite blogs, my blog, my stats, etc. And I hear this sound. Almost siren-like. Followed by a quick, plunky strum of a guitar. I look over my shoulder to find my daughter standing on a diningroom chair, her daddy's guitar standing, upright next to her with the neck of the guitar in her hand. She quietly begins to sing....


"you're breakin' my heawt..."


little fat fingers, strum out a choppy chord


"you're breakin' my heawt...."


again, little fat fingers, strum out a choppy chord


"you're breakin' my heawt....mmm hmm mmm hmmm"

(then followed by a slew of incoherent verses)


She kept this up for about 2 minutes, I sat here laughing and crying at the same time. Then I realized that there isn't a song in our repetoir that has these lyrics. So, I begin to melt all over again at the realization that she has just written and composed her very own, original musical piece. Though her lyrics were a tad 'melancholy' her tone of voice was pure and happy. It truly was the prettiest thing I think I've ever heard.

0 ripples in the pond: