7/26/07

Card Holding Member Of Geekdom

In the midst of my panic and anxiety (yes, I know...you're sick of hearing about it. And quite frankly, I'm sick of feeling it. It's on its way out. Promise) I have been geeking out. A lot.

I have been so wrapped up in birthdays and summer activities, mini-vacations and anxiety that I haven't even blogged about it. But now I will.

First let me say that as I type this, I should be on a plane heading to Chicago with the rest of all those cool gals. But it was not meant to be.


Anway.......


I've been geeking out because of Harry Potter. Within a week I've seen the new movie and bought the new book. The movie was one of the better ones, I feel. However, as most fans of the series who read the books, I was bummed about some of the things that had to be left out of the movie. I know that is unavoidable. But all in all, a pretty good movie. And just to show you what a geek I am (and those of you who have seen the movie will know what I am talking about here), I had goosebumps. Yes, goosebumps when The Aurors showed up in the movie and when they were flying over the river. Do you know which scene I am speaking of?


I have/had regrets about watching the new movie and reading the new book as I have forgotten many details in Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince. But Rav has been happy to remind me of the minor details as he has been a good little nargle and re-read the books (and re-read and re-read).


The book....oh, the book. I will not spoil anything here. Promise.

Rav finished the book in a blink. He's a crazy, fast reader.

Me? I take a bit longer. It took me about 2 1/2 days. Of nonstop reading.

The first 300-400 pages? For whatever reason....total snooze fest for me. It wasn't bad. It just reminded me of Order of the Phoenix when I read it. Not much went on in the beginning. I was becoming agitated and just wanted J.K. to get on with the damned story already.


She didn't let me down. I have to say that I am sad to see it end. But happy with the outcome. I think this book will make one wicked, kick-ass movie.


To invited geekdom further into my life, any of you who read the books and read my blog...feel free to email and I'd be happy to discuss the book and the latest movie.

I need distraction from my longing/jealousy over missing out on Blogher (and my unused, nonrefundable plane tickets).

Yeah, I'm whining. Just a little though ;)

7 ripples in the pond:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I barreled through it but only because my husband knew to leave me alone and to take care of the kiddos while I was reading.

I'd be happy to discuss the book with you. Veronica over at Toddled Dredge has some links up to the articles and blog posts she's enjoyed the most so far.

My email is aseveremary at pacbell dot net.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if that link worked. Here's the URL:

http://toddleddredge.wordpress.com/

flutter said...

I loved it. I wasn't surprised to know who was in love with Lily....were you?

Tabba said...

flutter - no. i wasn't surprised at all. rav asked me the same thing & my reply was by that point, i wasn't surprised by much of anything.... :)

Pippajo said...

Okay, you should know me well enough by now to know I cannot resist an invitation like this! I am majorly geeking out about Harry (staying up past my bedtime just to find an OOTP desktop theme and screensaver, playing the COS soundtrack over and over on itunes--for some reason I can't find the SS soundtrack I know I have somewhere) and am DYING to discuss it with someone! I will be emailing you tomorrow!

Have you heard JKR is considering writing an HP encyclopedia which should give a lot more details about what happened in those 19 years we missed out on?

Yes, I'll be emailing you...

J said...

I was bored by the Order of the Phoenix...couldn't get into it, and gave up. I was kinda bored by the movie, too. But it was overall fun, and I'm glad I saw it.

My daughter and husband are reading the new book together...I snuck a peek at the ending, 19 years in the future...too cute.

thailandchani said...

Come by my site. There's a button for you to pick up.


Peace,

~Chani