7/9/07

Ravioli's Day



That picture of Rav over there, to the left, is one of my favorite pictures of him. It's not a great picture. And I'm not even sure why I like it.

This was taken before we even had met. But I think it just reminds me of that time. I love the fact that he bleached his hair - just as he did the summer we met. And I even had him bleach his hair for our wedding.

Today is Rav's birthday.

As always, there are a million things I want to say. But I can't quite find the words.

There are so many things that I would love to do for him today. But circumstances just don't allow for it.

I want him to know just how much he is appreciated and loved. That he is deserving of a celebration. He is an amazing friend, partner, father. He has such a calm, loving soul. And in the demands of daily life, Rav often gets looked over. He is the kind of person that demands little and requires even less. He is always happy. He is always in a calm, balanced state. So it is easy to forget that he needs tending to. And he never complains. He just keeps plugging along.

I want him to know how happy I am to mark this day with him. To recognize this day for what it is. The day that brought him here. The day that would ensure his presence in our lives. And we are all the better for him.

I love you, Rav. Happy Birthday!!



13 ripples in the pond:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rav!

Aliki2006 said...

happy birthday to Rav!

thailandchani said...

Happy birthday to Rav.... and I like the bleached hair, too. :)

Jen said...

Happy birthday to Rav and thanks for the Dave Mathews eye/ear candy.

flutter said...

This is so sweet. Happy Bday, Rav

Her Grace said...

Happy Birthday, Rav!

We danced to a DMB song at our wedding, so you can always make me feel all gooey inside with those Dave Matthews videos!

Girlplustwo said...

happiest to you both. rav, i hope you have your best year, yet.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rav! Hope you had a wonderful day!

your cuz,
Dawnie

OhTheJoys said...

Happy Birthday Rav!

carrie said...

Happy Birthday to your man!

Carrie

polkadot said...

Happy Birthday Rav!

Slackermommy said...

Happy Birthday Rav! I hope tabba doesn't kick my ass for this but YOU ARE HOT!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rav, Hope your day was great! Love, Pat