5/8/07

Reeling


The other night, Rav & I watched that movie, Jesus Camp.
Wow.
Whoa.
Holy Moses, Batman. That's scary, scary stuff.

In fact, I'm reeling from it. We both went into this knowing that we'd have issues with it. And quite frankly, we were expecting to have to shut it off 1/4 of the way through it.
We were strong.
And we watched the whole freaky thing.

There are simply not enough words to describe the fear and astonishment upon watching this.
Despite the fact that I have a close family member who belongs to that branch of faith.

I don't want to risk offending anyone who may (or may not) be reading this.
And I certainly don't want to give anyone the impression that I denounce religion all-together.
I guess I shouldn't really care what anybody thinks. At least, that's what people tell me. But the thing is, I do.
Really the fact of the matter is, I'm so scared by this documentary that it has temporarily paralyzed my mind. Rather, my ability to speak. Because my mind races with several hundred thoughts, but I just can't find a way to get them out.

All I know is this: Based on what I saw from this thing, this documentary.....Global Warming is the last thing we should be worried about (though it is something that I feel is of utmost importance, so for something to bump that is pretty big). There is a large - very large group of people out there that are doing here to our children what we claim to be defending ourselves and the world against in other countries. And they are hell (or heaven, not sure after seeing this) bent on spreading a pretty un-Christian message, of recruiting children pretty damn early, and brainwashing a huge amount of people.
We are and will be forced to fight an irrational, self-righteous, and tenacious soon-to-be enemy within. I shouldn't use the word enemy, because that makes it sound like War.

We've been on a kick of watching documentaries.
Supersize Me freaked me out a bit.
Fahrenheit 9/11 got me thinking.
Born Into Brothels made me want to fly to India and rescue children in droves.

But this. This just has taken hold and won't let go. This group, this movement has grown to numbers I had no idea, so quickly, so silently - almost undetected. And maybe it's me with my head in the sand. I knew it was out there, as I've said someone close to me is in it.
I don't know how this nation can do a massive deprogramming.
I just don't how we could find a way to stop this thing.

5 ripples in the pond:

carrie said...

I think that's why people call them freaks.

I know what you mean my the documentaries. Just saw Fast Food Nation (the book was loads better, but still . . . ). Completely grossed me out way more than Supersize Me.

Carrie

carrie said...

"by" not "my". I need glasses. Sorry.

Carrie

Kerry McKibbins said...

I'm going to watch this documentary.
Have you seen Spellbound - about the national Spelling Bee?
It's very good.

Tabba said...

Carrie - I'll check out fast food nation and the book. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kerry - be prepared. It's pretty scary. And I'll check out your recommendation as well :)

Jen said...

I watched this, too! Holy cow, those two kids...I was stunned!