5/25/07

Spinning Out The Old Legs

Usually I struggle with trying to come up with things to blog about. And today, even after the last post, I had a bunch of things to share.
At this late approaching hour in the evening, I'll be damned if I can remember any of them. I can only remember one. One.
If I'm like this as I approach 30, imagine what I'll be like in my 60's. and 70's.

I just wanted to share just how terrifically terrific my yesterday was.
See, I haven't saddled up on the mountain bike since August 6, 2006.
I've been pretty depressed about it actually.
And I mean, really depressed.
I was going by myself a lot last year.
And man, that got old. Really quick.
Something that I had come to really enjoy in a relatively short amount of time lost its luster. And I was really upset by it.



However, a few weeks ago, my BFF's daughter asked about going. We tried arranging our schedules and it just wasn't coming together. BUT. We finally got it together and went out for a pretty fantastic ride.
The weather was absolutely gorgeous.
It felt wonderful to be back in the saddle.
It felt great to get out there and ride the trails with someone.
And to smell the sweet air and fresh dirt.

My BFF's daughter, Jen did a fantastic job. I was so impressed with her. She was pretty scared at first. But halfway through, her confidence picked up and she was actually trying some technical things.
We've made plans to do it again on Tuesday.
I absolutely can't wait.


The only thing I forgot about was being saddle sore.
My lady pieces and what-not are screaming at me right now.
I almost feel as though I've given birth again. I have to sit down so gingerly. Sudden movements leave me wincing in pain.
I also feel a little tight and tender in my neck and back.


But it's the good kind of pain. Barely noticeable....but reminder enough of a great time, getting exercise and enjoying the scenery...the air hitting your face, sailing down hills, and grinding up other hills. The tell-tale bruises left behind on your legs from god-knows-what. The fluid feeling of rolling along...just you and the bike.

Have I mentioned that I absolutely can't wait until next Tuesday?

3 ripples in the pond:

Girlplustwo said...

i so know what you mean. i am sitting here wishing boot camp was on the weekends, and boot camp is only a brand new love, a flirtation at best. nothing like the love affair you have going on with your bike.

good for you.

Anonymous said...

The sore lady places is why I don't bike. I like happy lady places. That and my neck can't take it. Looks like you had a good time.

Maigh said...

A hearty one handed CONGRATS!

I know exactly what you mean and as soon as I can type again, I too plan to write about the saddle aftermath.

So proud of you and so glad you go out there, I hope it's a renewed love and not a fiery fling. :)