5/12/07

They Didn't Have You Where I Come From

Today is a special day. Today, I, Rav, will choose the Sunday Morning Song of the Moment. But first, I have a few words to say (and if you know anything about me, then you know that I can never say just a few words). I try to show my appreciation for my lovely wife, the mother of my children, everyday. But I know that I often take her for granted. I don't always "get" what it takes for her to do what she does everyday, and still greet me with a smile when I walk in the door. We made the decision that it would be best for Tab to stay home with the kids, and not work. This was the best decision for our children. They get from her, what they would fail to get in a daycare. I am not knocking daycare, but nothing beats some good 'ole home grown mommy lovin'.
Prior to meeting Tab, I had a vague idea that I would like to get married some day and have children. Tab has discussed that we met at summer camp, so I won't go into that. But I recall that the first time I met her, what I wanted became crystal clear. I knew that I wanted to be with Tabitha. The first time we kissed, I had a clear picture in my head of us getting married. I knew, without a doubt that she was the one.
Once you get to know Tabitha, she is a lot of things, more than she may seem at first glance. Tab is sensitive and empathetic. She is kind and caring. She has a heart that is just so great. She sees things in a way that I wish I could. Everyday, I am thankful that we met and that I was able to convince her to date and then marry me. Not that she had much choice, after all, I did hit her over the head with a club and drag her to my cave.
Tab, I can never show you how thankful I am that you are here. I can never show you how much I love you. But I will spend the rest of my life trying.
To all of you mothers reading this I also have a few words to say on behalf of men. We will forget important dates. You will open that present and look into the box, and oh yes, it will be an iron. A nice iron, high tech and all that, but an iron none the less. We will smile, as you open that box, in anticipation. knowing that you really needed a new iron and quite pleased with ourselves that we found this totally awesome iron. Despite what may be in that box, an iron in my case, it was put there with love in our hearts and you in our minds. We do appreciate you for what you do and thank god that we decided you wanted to stay home instead of us, because we would have gone crazy long before now. We love you all.
Without (much) further ado, the Sunday Morning Song of the Moment today is a song by the Dixie Chicks called "Lullaby". This is a sweet song which is beautiful and has touching lyrics.
The video was made by someone and posted to youtube. It uses a lot of the same images over and over, so just sit back and listen, and watch if you want to.




10 ripples in the pond:

Anonymous said...

holy moly, making me get all teary up in here! what a wonderul post. happy mother's day to you, tab! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, that's "wonderFul," with an F. guess i couldn't see through my tears! lol.

aMom2E said...

What a fabulous ode to someone who sounds like a fabulous wife and mother!

Sounds like Rav is a pretty great hubbie himself!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Your husband made me cry Tabba. That was lovely Rav. I'm sure a lot of men feel this way, but few put it into words and that's what women want. To hear it.
Happy Mother's Day Tabba and thank you Rav.

Girlplustwo said...

oh, rav. she is fantastic, isn't she? and how lucky for you and her that you found each other and allow that majesty to flourish into a family.

happy mother's day, tab. and a hug to rav, that big pile of sensitivity. (now go get her some flowers, dude) kidding.

Girlplustwo said...

ps. i don't like to say this because i think it's oversaid sometimes - and i only mention it if there is actual flooding.
but
this made me cry. so there.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TABBA!

LOVE,
YOUR CUZ, DAWN

thailandchani said...

Wow.. what a statement from Rav!


Peace,

~Chani

carrie said...

That was the nicest thing I have read all day!

And that picture, up at the top, soooooo wonderful.

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Carrie

Pippajo said...

Oh, Rav, you just kill me! That was just lovely.

I really think if you and The Viking met, you'd be great friends.

Oh, and by the way, I'm one of those weird women who actually asks for and gets excited about getting things like chef's knives and fancy tongs for Christmas. A high-tech iron sounds like a fabulous gift to me!

I think I've said it before, but I love observing the deep love you and Tab have for each other.