5/20/07

Sunday Morning Song of the Moment

There were only 2 requests for songs, so I feel I have to honor them both.

Jen R. asked for Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Very nice choice.



And Jen from One Plus Two has asked for Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. Another great choice.


Have a great day everyone and enjoy!

9 ripples in the pond:

Girlplustwo said...

i love that version of SOTR. really really nice.

i need to get a copy of that.

and thanks, sister. i always love a little leonard in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Israel has a beautiful voice. I heard him the first time a few weeks ago. I didn't realize he had died. What a beautiful voice. The Cohen song is also one of my favorites. Thanks.

Jen said...

thank you, tab! i will listen to the other song... just as soon as i listen to mine about 50 more times. :)

Tabba said...

Jen - you're welcome. Have you heard the Rufus Wainwright version??

Deb - I know....that's so sad....I hadn't realized it either until I googled him. "The Genle Giant"...how fitting.

Jen R - you're so welcome. Listen away. Oh, and we have to get together for a ride....it's only been close to a year since we've threatened it. Can you believe I have not been on the mtb once this spring?! The last time I rode was Aug. 6th! I need to get back on the saddle.

thailandchani said...

Interesting songs. Of course, I'd heard the first one ~ never the second.


Peace,

~Chani

Anonymous said...

I love both of these.

Excellent choices!

Jen said...

okay, so i still have not listened to the second song. :) i can't get past SOTR. i'm going to have to use all of my brain cells and then some to figure out how to save this to my computer!

riding would be great... in august. :( i have the bar exam in 9 weeks (july 24/25) so i'm officially in full panic mode. if you're available in august and thereafter, i will happily join you!

11111111 said...

Two most excellent songs.
However, I do prefer John Cale's version of "Hallelujah".

Benjamin Loewen said...

I have a little story about this SOTR.

I heard it in a water commerical, without the words, a long time ago. I thought, "Oh MAN does that music ever soothe me! I wish I knew where to get that. I love it."

Then, years later, my husband said that he heard this song on the radio that was from a cereal commerical he heard and he just loved it. My ears really perked up because he doesn't express such strong emotions about much! I had no reason to guess what song he was talking about. Yet somehow I knew. "Does it go something like mmmm hmmmmm mmmmm mmm (you get the idea)?" "Ya, sort of." What was it called? "I think it was Somewhere Over the Rainbow." So, I searched for it online and when it came on, we both said, "That's it!" And he asked me to email it to him at work because it calms his stressed self so well. And me too. And it's remarkable because there's not a lot music-wise that we both love.